-->
Slideshow Image Slideshow Image Slideshow Image

Pages

Friday, July 27, 2007

Confessions....

I was just speaking with my friend Brooke on the phone & made the big confession. Here it is.....yes, I was a sorority girl. Not only a sorority girl but the president of my sorority in my last year. Brooke, I'll leave you to your own confessions (hee!hee!). Now I don't regret it at all. I made amazing lifelong friends. I just find that now, almost 10 years later, people kind of jump to a conclusion about who you are (or were) when you say that.

The one thing I loved about being part of a sorority was the close bonds I built - there is always someone there to watch your back. Although there are both positives & negatives about the whole sorority system, there are very few organizations in college that encourage young women to support one another.

I'm thinking about this because I have now been groupless for about 2 months & although I needed that time to breath & reassess, I have to say that I am definately missing the support of a group. Hugs to Brooke & Lesa for being my mini group over the last few months. :)

2 comments:

Isabel Inspired Designs said...

sorority! I would have never guessed it shelley! lol. I completely understand what you mean about the bond thing! and do not thank me! I think the world of you and am so happy to call you my friend!
Lesa:)

Anonymous said...

Oh no you were a soroity girl...I dont know if we can be friends now! LOL I guess I have to admit that I to was a sority girl in college too:)
I cant express how lucky I am to have found Shelley and Lesa and not only to admire thier design work but to call them my friends!
Brooke

© 2010 Giraffikiki Kids. Design by Cinnamon Girl Studio