-->
Slideshow Image Slideshow Image Slideshow Image

Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2008

The fruits of our labour

Greg & I decided that a backyard ice rink was a must to get us thru this winter. What we didn't realize was how much work it would be! We started at Christmas and it took us 2 weeks to get it skateable. Then every melt the surface must be recoated and every snow lots of shovelling! It's all worth it though when we lace on Reilly's skates and he hits the rink. You've never seen more glee!






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and I'm so jealous!!! I used to BEG my dad for one in our backyard -- but noooo -- not on his lawn! Fortunately, growing up in Minnesota -- there was never one very far away. We do ice well there.
Happy Day for Reilly though! And I love the Bauer helmet (I was figure skater that really wanted to be a hockey player -- but that's a whole other subject!)
What a nice Mama you are.
Happy shoveling. :)

Willow Tree said...

I LOVE it! I know he is enjoying it and having a blast. Great pics:)
Wish we could come over and play!
Brooke

Giraffikiki Kids said...

Dawn & Brooke! Wish you both could come on up and have a little skate on our rink. That would be a blast! Shelley

Holly Stocke said...

Wow! I didn't know it was so cold there. How fun for you guys! He'll need a hockey stick & puck next!
Hol

© 2010 Giraffikiki Kids. Design by Cinnamon Girl Studio